Friday, May 30, 2008

RETIRED

Our job ended today. Last day of school. Sort of sad. We brought all of moms things back to our house. I just had to yell at her to put her shoes away cause she was messing up the house. Had graduation last night. Sarah and I made four scrapbooks, one for each kindergartner. They were adorable, but took a long time. Then we made 36 iron-on shirts for the kids to sign today as a keepsake. Did the punch for the graduation and decorated the church and then had to haul all that home and put it away again. We have had a couple of busy weeks. Oh, and Sarah had to get things for breakfast today for the kids, so that meant a trip to Sams for me.

In the meantime, my cat got in a fight and was bitten and developed an abscess. She was hiding all over the house. So on memorial day Sunday I spent half the day in the pet emergency room. That was an experience.......First cat who came in after Prince, yes it is a boy but I get gender confused with pets, had to be put down. Happened in the same room we put Bingo down in two years ago. It was so sad listening to them cry and then they said the nicest prayer. After that, two more dogs who collapsed were rushed in. Next was a 2 month old puppy attacked by the neighbors bull dog. The girl was a wreck. Puppy was fine by the time I left. So had to take her back yesterday for a recheck. Doing great except ear infection, needed rabies shot, heartworm pill, and must return in 6 weeks to make sure she didn't contract Kitty Aids or Leukemia. Just like humans, you are better off not taking them to the doctor because they always find way to many things wrong with you. George the other cat has never been to vet and is the picture of health.

Also had the Orkin guy come this week. We have been running non-stop. And don't forget the bathtub back-up that ran down in the basement, so Dan wakes me up at 5:17 to tell me he has to go to work and I need to get up and mop the basement. That was a great day. Actually, it could have been much worse.

Believe me, I would love to go to Berrien for a rest and visit all my friends. Haven't been in a store except for Meiers and Walmart. Now that is unusual for me. Haven't even had time to shop on the internet. Mom doesn't even get in them, since the baby is usually sleeping and we don't want to wake her, so she sits in the car.

Dan is in Berrien tonight. Their rental house in Stevensville is getting a new renter, so everything was cleaned and painted and this was his only time to check on it before new renter moves in. He will stay for church and come home. Has to work Sunday. They are swamped.

Erin and Justin and Jake and Kelsey came over here this weekend to stay at Natalie and Adams. They will have a good time. Adam has his boat in the water. Had a nice barbeque last weekend while they tubed and stuff.

We go to Florida on Thursday, so Berrien won't happen until after that. We laugh cause it looks like it will be perfect weather here and we will swelter in Florida. But we will have the pool, eat out, shop, and relax. Sarah needs to wind down. It was a good time to take a break.

Leah is rolling all over and pretty much will sit up by herself. She is such a good girl. The school had a swim party today at a indoor pool with a nice part to float on tubes. We took Leah's floater and she just loved it. Sometimes all those kids get her nervous because they won't back off and want to be so close to her. But at the pool they had lots to keep them occupied so they left her alone for a while.

I hope this explained why I haven't called some of my friends for a while. I am missing you all and will try to do better after today. Sabbath is a welcomed rest. Then we start all over again.

2 comments:

CK said...

Sorry to hear you had to retire, but sounds like you need a rest too. Give me a call when you get over here to Berrien so we can catch up. Kim is off to SAU today for the summer so things change some more. Have fun in Florida and don't mop too many wet basements! I did that a couple months ago!

Natalie said...

I'm happy or Sarah that she is retired from her "official" job, now you guys will have more time to do stuff. But I don't like that you guys are on vacation! That is just unfair. I need to have a little talk with my boss, let him know how important it is for me to go on vacation a lot too!