Wednesday, May 28, 2008

OKAY !

Okay, Natalie and Francie, I am really mad at you now. You forced me to add a blog, so I did a nice long one about my 6 quirks and accidentally erased it trying to preview it. Now I have to start all over. I guess I am really not mad at you, just upset with myself for making such a silly mistake. Here goes . . . . .

1. Massages, keep your hands off. I don't need people coming up to me and rubbing my shoulders and then telling me how "tense" I am. Sorry, it runs in the family. Just ask Sarah and Mom.

2. Tailgaters who tailgate me even when I am doing almost 80 mph. I will get over, just give me a minute instead of swerving to pass me on the right and then just about taking off my front fender as you swerve back in front of me.

3. People who sing with their eyes closed in church. How can they get the message of the song across to the audience if you don't even look at them.

4. Sound men at church can get pretty annoying also. It seems they all listen to their music very loud, so feel compelled to turn your accompaniment track up so loud that no one can hear the words of the song you are singing. Then there are those annoying squealls they make with the sound system every now and then to keep us awake in church. Also, when you can sing a whole song and your microphone is not turned on and no one bothers to tell you or do something about it. Sarah is very helpful to me in this situation. She never lets me sing without a mic. Sometimes the monitor speakers are so loud you can't tell whether you are on or not.

5. People at church who are very power hungry.

6. Putting groceries and laundry away and unloading the dishwasher. I don't mind washing and shopping but putting those things away is not fun. I have many times offered to pay the baggers to come home and put groceries away for me, but have had no takers yet. Thank heavens I have Grandma Lois with me cause she is a great putter awayer. (Is that a word?)

That's it. I feel much better now. Only problem is I don't have any blogger friends except Natalie and her family. Oh wait, CONNIE and KIM... you have just been tagged. Hope you have as much fun as I did.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

No blogger friends...were here. And I love reading your blog. Thanks for keeping Auntie Angie up to date. Cause we know David and Sarah are not going to do it. Ok, maybe when Sarah gets done with school. So exciting!!! I am so so so happy for her. What a weight of her shoulders!

Natalie said...

Oh these are really funny responses! I'm glad I tagged YOU. I was driving along today and someone was on my butt and normally I would have just gotten over, or yelled in my rear view mirror and sped up, but instead of doing something about it, I sorta let it annoy me; thanks for the influence...lol

Cecelia said...

Good answers! I need to do mine soon.

Lori said...

Funny stuff Julie. Yours was fun to read because it is stuff I didn't already know about you (like when I read my sisters).

I had such a hard time coming up with my 6 quirks, and now that I have read so many other peoples I have a whole lot more that I can add to my list, I just didn't think of them. Like the putting away laundry! Oh I hate that. I will do laundry all day and pile it up on my bed, and then before I can go to bed I either have to move it to the floor or fold and put away a days worth of laundry, which is a lot! And then it's all wrinkly. I need a folder, putter awayer too.

Tina in CT said...

Leah just keeps getting cuter and cuter.

That is so nice that Sarah is going to be able to be home with her.

Cecelia said...

It's so nice that Sarah will be staying home with Leah. Children grow up much too fast. I wish I had been able to stay home with my children, but I had to juggle raising children and work. But it was doable. Have a great trip to Florida.

Shannon said...

How fun. I can't stand impatient drivers either. Watch out for all the "Francies" driving around out there though. Just because they are mean drivers doesn't mean they aren't great people. Ha!

I have a hard time stomaching power hungry people at church as well. I makes one wonder what motivates them. It reminds me of the Jews around the time of Jesus, when He was on earth. It is the pure heart, not the position or letter of the law that will save a man.

Leah is getting so big. How did that happen? It still amazes me that I have an 8 year old. How did THAT happen?

Did you read on my mother's blog about Madeline having an emergency appendectomy? I swear, she has aged at least another year since that happened.

Glad you participated in the quirky things about yourself. You gave good answers.