Monday, May 5, 2008

Our Friends New Home

Our last Sabbath in Berrien was so special. The sermon and church service at Pioneer Memorial on the campus of Andrews University was in celebration of Pastor Dwight Nelson's 25 years of service at the church. So hard to believe. After church we headed to Grandma's best friend Cynthia's new Villa. It is beautiful. Here the two girls are together as we arrive for the first visit.
Those two are so cute. My favorite room in the Villa is Cynthia's bedroom. I love the spread and bedroom set. She and Lynda did a beautiful job decorating the home.
What a great lunch we were served in the new kitchen. The granite countertops were a little hard for us to put hot dishes on without hot plates, but Eddie and Lynda said we could. Cynthia made a delicious cauliflower dish that I had never had before. Mashed potatoes were great, but what can go wrong with those. Loaf was a little over cooked since Dwight's service went a bit longer than usual. Dessert was chocolate cake with toffee bits in it. Frosting was light and airy to top off the meal. Oh, we also had jello, wonderful breads, pigs in the blanket, a salad I just loved, and more I can't remember. Needless to say, we were stuffed. Dan had to stop two times on his way home to Detroit to sleep he was so full and tired out.
These three are terrific hosts and treat you like royalty. Isn't this a great kitchen! So roomy and everything is new.
Even Darryl helped serve us. Those tulips are real....It's finally spring in Michigan. The girls are resting after that lunch. Soon they will have a spot of tea. Thank you friends for a lovely Sabbath day.Grandma and I headed up north to her house for a few days. Unfortunately we had to attend Uncle Roy's funeral. Only consolation was that we got to see relatives we hadn't had contact with in years. After cleaning the house and visiting with neighbors, we made it safe and sound back to Detroit by Tuesday night. Oh, I didn't clean much. I always feel like I am on vacation when I go home to Manistee. Don't worry though, I did make a list of things for the boys to do when they go up there this summer.


No comments: