Monday, January 21, 2008

Happy Birthday Edwin, Jr.

One of our first activities for 2008 was to help celebrate Edwin, Jr.'s first birthday. His party was held in our school gym. Wow, was it great. The theme was construction and everything done followed that theme. Ada did a great job getting supplies and Sarah and I helped her set up tables and decorate. The gym was transformed. I loved the outfit on his Dad. This was the bouncy that was brought in. I never even knew there was a construction theme bouncer. Unfortunately it broke down in the middle of the party. That could have been a complete disaster if there hadn't been an extra bouncer in the corner of the gym. Thanks to Raymond he was able to take this down and set up the new one.
Edwin, Sr. constructed this site for the food table center peice. The sand is brown sugar and topped with confectioners sugar to look like snow. Yes, the train is functional and circled the site.This is how the birthday boy arrived. Probably was good because he kept going the whole day with no crying or fussing.Isn't big sister turning into a real beautry?All the workers look pretty happy.
Leah and I had to have a picture with the Birthday boy. What a doll he is. And he loves to have his picture taken. That hat is great.
Another of our friends was there drawing pictures for the kids to color. She does it all free-hand. This is her picture for Leah that we took home with us.
Leah put in a full day at the party and slept pretty good that night. Thanks Edwin for inviting us.





5 comments:

Rachael said...

That construction bouncer would be a HUGE hit with Ben!! I'll have to check into that come his birthday.

RE: your background. You have to go in and edit the HTML and I only know how to do it on certain templates. I'd have to play around to try and figure it out on this one. If Nat comes this weekend, maybe we can look at it together if she still has your password and then if we figure it out, I can tell you for future reference!

Natalie said...

we need new pictures, Im sorry we have been too preoccupied to do anything fun enough worth blogging about!

Rachael said...

Julie, I thought you'd be all over that scrapblog site. Have you checked it out yet? You saw my post a little while back about the blog makeover right?

Cecelia said...

I love your new header!!

Lori said...

I missed this post somehow. I wonder why it never showed up on my bloglines. I just popped over to you blog to see if anything was new, and low and behold...

I love the new header and background, it is very cute, did Rachael help you with that?