Saturday, January 3, 2009

Broccoli and Cauliflower

Tina, the recipe is so easy. Basically Cheryl steamed the cauliflower in one piece and then steamed the broccoli spears around it in a large pot on stove until tender. Then she spinkled what we Adventists use for chicken seasoning on top of it. It is called McKays Chicken seasoning. Cecelia could tell you how to get hold of it. She served it the same way on a platter with the broccoli surrounding the cauliflower. Crazy easy but so good and tender.

Thanks for compliments on Leah's outfits. We do have fun with her shopping. The other day we went to a store in Aventura, FL. They had the cutest "Big Sister" shirt and "Pinkalicious" shirts, since Sarah is an all pink girl. Since we couldn't make up our minds, I said "Oh, I'll treat to both". They were all bling, bling. Well, I gave Sarah a substantial amount of money to cover it and 2 barrettes and left to go to another store. Ha, Ha. She had to charge some on her credit card. Next time we'll remember to check the price on the shirts first.

Too bad I didn't know you when you were in AA. We could have been good friends. Many similar interests it seems from checking on Cecelia's blog. Great getting to know you electronically.

3 comments:

Tina in CT said...

When I cook broccoli and cauliflower, I always steam them. They must have looked very pretty on a platter the way they were served. I'll have to ask Cecelia to try the McKay's seasoning.

I was in Ann Arbor 4 times while my daughter and SIL lived there for the 3 years. I thought it was such a nice area and very pretty. The law school buildings were gorgeous with all the stonework. They liked living there a lot. My older granddaughter was born in AA.

I did get to the Henry Ford Museum and spent the day there. What a fantastic place. Also went to his son's estate in GP and enjoyed that too. You have a lovely state.

Wish my kids were there over being in Moscow as I could fly out for a weekend.

Yes, you and Sarah have excellent taste as that little Leah always looks so adorable in all her outfits. Starting with a beautiful baby is step one too!

I enjoy reading your blog as you are always having such fun.

Lori said...

Oh I get it, AA is for Ann Arbor, I thought you meant the other AA (alcoholics annonymous) not that it made sense but was the only AA I'd ever heard of.

I'm making cauliflower tonight, maybe I will try sprinkling some McKays on it, I usually go for cheese, but I always wish I could find a healthier alternative to making it taste good.

Tina in CT said...

Oh my goodness! Yes, I meant Ann Arbor!