Sunday, March 30, 2008

FRIENDS

I finally got back to Berrien Springs to be with my good friends. It had been since November, so we were happy that Joyce had a surprise birthday party for us to come to. It was a beautiful affair put on by her two daughters and held at the Howard Center at Andrews University. She really was surprised. There was a lot of love in the room from her family and friends.
The music, food, speeches, and tributes were all great and Joyce was happy she attended. At first she didn't want to do anything but relax on her special day. Then her friends John and Sylvia Baldwin invited her to a brunch celebrating Love since it was close to Valentines Day. Turned out to be a birthday party.
It was great to go and then we spent two extra days since Sarah had Angela, James, and Cheryl visiting her and they babysat for us. Of course we had to take a trip to South Bend with our good friends, Cynthia and Joyce. Fun times as usual.
Most the time I drive cause Joyce talks fast and then her driving tries to keep up with her talking and then Lois gets nervous. So it is just better that I drive. It was still a bit cool to go to Shipshewana and Amish country, but we already are looking for a day to go there come warm weather.
Best stop of the day was the Pages In Time scrapbook store. It is huge but we didn't buy anything. Even so, the ladies there appreciate the importance of pictures for a scrapbooker so they offered to take a picture of us good friends. It will print up well and look super in a scrapbook.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Tina in CT said...

I'm an avid scrapbooker so I never could go to a scrapbook store w/o buying and especially if it was a store not in my area. I go every Friday to the store near me for their midnighter crop and have made very good friends there. In fact, one of my friends and I are driving up to Cecelia and Bob's this weekend to pick up the dachshund puppy she found for me.

Natalie said...

Don't trust the the ladies in the back seat, together they are nothin but trouble... (Tina, I was just telling my MIL this weekend who everyone is that leaves comments on my blog, I told her all about your new puppy and how you and my mom met). Looks like you guys had a great time, but I find it hard to believe that you bought NOTHING at a SCRAPBOOK store! Crazy girl, must have had your mind on all the crafting in my basement you have to finish before the mother daughter retreat and lost your motivation.

Julie said...

Tina, thanks for checking me out. I heard you and Cecelia had a great time together. She is a fun lady. Wish I could meet you and see her more often. Thanks for the comments. Good luck with the new puppy.

Tina in CT said...

Julie,

I'm sure Natalie told you how I started reading Cecelia's blog through our daughters' meeting a year ago at the Hard Rock Cafe in Moscow. Isn't it something how that one gesture of friendship has lead to Cecelia and my meeting (and my friend Diane too). Diane and I are so anxious to go up to her house to see her again, meet Bob, see their house and land and to meet my puppy. She and Bob sure are giving my puppy quite the royal treatment at their puppy spa!

Your little granddaughter is so cute and I'm sure she's the love of your life.