Thursday, August 27, 2009

Natalie told me to!

Natalie thought I was joking when I said we wanted to make purses. She finally took me serious in Holland when she and Francie told us they were going to a fabric store. We asked to tag along and that is where the addiction started. It was so much fun. They helped us purchase the fabric, pattern, and accessories. Then it was back to the camper after getting Sabbath groceries, eating lunch, Hobby Lobby, etc. But, when we did get back, Francie got us started. Natalie had brought the sewing machine along with her CAMPING.
We worked all Friday afternoon til sunset and then Sarah and I had our first crafting session together. She has penciled in Wednesday morning for us to craft/scrap together at her house. Well, it took us all morning to get her sewing machine up, new bobbin winded, and the machine threaded. I know how to do mine but not hers. With Sarah reading directions, and finally a phone call to Natalie, we got it done.
Sewed until 5:30 when I sat in the car to go home. It was so much fun and such a good feeling to accomplish this by ourselves, at the end anyways. Natalie came and helped us put Sarah's flower together and I finished mine at home in the evening. We love them.
Thanks Francie and Natalie. Going to Fields Fabric on Friday. Gram Lois now wants one and Natalie will show me how to do a new one. Can't wait.
Of course the pink is Sarah's and mine is the blue.








6 comments:

Tina in CT said...

Adorable purses.

That's the first time I heard of bringing a sewing machine on a camping trip. Was it a rainy day so you decided to sew bags?

Natalie said...

Yes! it was SOOO rainy. we could not have timed it better. I had fun sewing too, even though you wouldnt let me help you with a single stitch (other than the flower on Sarah's bag). I am going to fields today too! they have the best fabric dont they?! Dont you ever wonder... what craft or hobby we will be doing at this time next year? It keeps changing.

Lori said...

I never get a purse!
That's me pouting - cause apparently everyone can sew except me!


My nephew Jack used to get mad at Sabbath School when other kids had a birthday, and he would pout and say "I never get a birthday!" it was so cute. That was many years ago and we still joke about it.

Cecelia said...

Those purses are really cute. I always miss out on all the fun! I have to sew all by myself.

Francie said...

Lori! Natalie helped you, I mean, made you a purse! Remember???
Julie, those purses are so cute! I love the flower! I got to go to that fabric store on Monday and it was so awesome! It's much more fun with other people there, though!

Tina in CT said...

Where are you as I miss your posts?