Monday, November 12, 2007

Travelin Again

We are off again. It is so much fun to go to Berrien to see our friends. The only problem is we don't have time to enjoy them all. Weekends go way to fast. So do maternity leaves according to Sarah.
Here Leah is ready to go to church with her mom. It was a great service as usual and Leah slept the entire time. Pastor Dwight Nelson preached a very powerful and inspiring sermon.

Natalie invited her sister Francie to come for lunch.
After, the girls had some fun. For her birthday, Adam bought Natalie a kiln and hundreds of ceramic molds to have some fun with. Between working, home remodeling, traveling, Natalie is finding time to make some adorable items. She brought a box full with her and the girls all sat down to paint and decorate their hearts out.
Sarah is trying to figure out ways to use the kiln for outreach at school. It originally was given to Oakwood Academy to use. When the staff who knew how to use it moved away, it just sat and took up space. The school decided to sell and we were the lucky purchasers.

Nat is a great teacher to us novices. I am amazed how much she has studied up on Pottery and learned in such a short time. She and her sisters are very gifted when it comes to decorating and artsy things. We are enjoying combining our years of crafting with them.
Couldn't leave out a picture of Dan with two of his other "grandchildren". Walter came over for a visit the other night and insisted that he is a lap dog, 85-90 pounds of lap dog.......Prince was keeping an eye on everything from the top of the couch. He doesn't get to close to Walter if he doesn't have to.
All of us were a bit tired on Friday night when we arrived in Berrien except for Leah, so we played a little dress up.
I bought this hat over the internet. I thought it came with a flower, but it didn't, so we added this one. Pretty cute huh? We think she looks like a flower pot.

The blanket says it all !!!!!!



3 comments:

Lori said...

I wish I could have come to see you all this weekend when you were in town. I'd love to see little Leah.
I called Natalie Sunday morning but she said you all had already left for Chicago.
I did get to paint some pottery though. It is really fun, I wish I was as talented as Natalie, I did the easy parts and then had her do the hard parts for me.

Rachael said...

Looks like you guys are having a grand time spoiling that baby!

I'm glad we got to paint a little bit too. Natalie is definitely the talented one though.

Francie said...

I had a ton of fun over there, Julie! The haystacks were super yummy and delicious!
I had so much fun painting pottery, I hope they turned out cute... I just wish Nat came back this weekend so I could see how they turned out!
Have a great Thanksgiving!